This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from sweetieruffie. Make your own badge here.
...
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30 ~
...
::[ [ DREAM OF THE DAY ] ]::
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Listening to: "Tea & Sympathy" by JOC Mood: Lazy & Contented Weather@Sydney: Spring, 20 deg
::{ [ Life Has Been Great! ] }::
It's been a while since I really got to blog. Life has been really fulfilling & enrichingly busy - socially & academically.. so I'm really thankful to God for it! :) I'm beginning to feel like I've finally built up my own social group & comfortable being here in Sydney! :) Yipee! :)
Some highlights recently:
1) Discovery Bus Tour
About 3 weeks ago, I went for a tour organized by the Uni of Sydney Medical Faculty with 55 medical students, 3 of us MOT students & 1 PT student. I was really pleasantly surprised to discover that all the medical students are actually post-grads - this means they all have a previous deg & then proceeded to take their MBBS. It's a common practice in Australia & USA it seems! :) We travelled to the "rural" areas of Orange & Dubbo .. about 5 hrs bus ride away from Sydney! But surprise surprise, they are in no way rural like I imagined! They are actually really beautiful towns with huge malls & gorgeous houses ... just lots more space, wider roads & less cars! :) The trip was really awesome!!! :):) We got to know more friends, ate really posh food, drink good wine & great night's out! :) All the people on the trip were really fun loving & it made the trip really special! :) The first night was at a hotel in Orange & most people went clubbing. They figured that "Discovery = Very Disco" so a lot of them actually donned clothes from the disco era - big wigs, big glasses .. haha .. cool!! :):) Second night was at cabins with bunk beds & all .. so a group of us - guys & gals gathered in a cabin & played "Mafia" late into the night. It's something like our "polar bear" or "murderer"... was hilarious! :) Surprisingly or not surprisingly... as usual, I gained another admirer on the way - one of the medical students who was really keen to stick close to me always, take pics with me & take care of me. Hee .. but he's a real awesome person & I like him heaps! (as a friend of coz! ) :) oh .. did I mention the best part of it all? For all the luxury & fun .. it was FREE!!! The medical faculty paid for everything!! Is that kewl or what?? The Discovery Bus Tour totally ROCKS! :)
Hmm .. I really thank God for this but somehow in its own miraculous way .. maybe it was the dawn of spring but I've managed to reconcil my differences with my coursemates - even the difficult ones & am enjoying really good r/ns with them! :) I also decided not to keep spending time exclusively with my 2 Asia friends because I realise ultimately it's very unwise. They keep depending on me for everything, kept me away from everyone else until I felt so tired, zapped & frustrated always. As I moved to build up r/n with the rest of the class, they have been mostly really welcoming & warm! :) So .. way kewl!! :)
3) In the Midst of Creating Singaporens@Cumbo Society
I keep meeting Singaporeans all over campus so I decided to build a society just for us. I'm in the midst of locating & gathering them through posters & contacts ... hopefully I can plan a gathering real soon! Hopefully sometime during the break!! :) wish me luck!! :)
Unlike in Singapore, Christian shops are quite obscure & hard to find! :) So a dear friend decided to bring me to the biggest christian store in NSW called Koorong. Apparently it has chains all over Australia. Eh ... it was awesome to be able to be there .. it was quite big but honestly. .it's not even bigger than Tecman or SK!! Funny hor? It's the biggest in the state somemore. Brett was happily stocking up on his CDs & christian literature but I stuck to getting a Passion Worship Band CD. I knew I would never get around reading & I dun need more clutter!! :) Haha .. :) We proceeded to have lunch @ Parramatta & I was horrified to discover that the parking costs $8 per 2 hours ... it's nuts! Parramata is not even in the city! Brett was toying with the idea of us having a walk through the cemetry near my place for a "nice leisurely" stroll but I'm so glad we never got around to it!!! Apparrently, people here treat cemetries like parks!! :(
I finally got to enjoy my first taste of jazz in Sydney. Sad to say, despite how huge Sydney is compared to Singapore, jazz is scarce here!!! The popular jazz joints have closed & even the one we went - The Basement has deviated to play more funk jazz, R&B & soul. Nonetheless it was a really beautiful night out. We had dinner Circular Quay near the Opera House. Oh .. one thing I've not mention much.. I seem to draw a lot a lot of attention from the men here since I came to Sydney... mostly not creepy or scary ones. Mainly smiles, compliments like "You are really beautiful!", "Hello grogeous" etc & it happens everywhere I went..until it gets really paiseh!! Lol .. When Louis & I were out, poor guy, he had to "put up" with the guys in the restaurant who were looking at me, complimenting me & asking him about me. Nonetheless, it was all in good cheer & they were just really nice people. We even had 2 customers in the resturant who happened to be opera singers who perform @ the Opera House & they really made the place even more spetacular with their beautiful singing! :) Louis knew I've wanted so much to listen to jazz so he brought me to the basement & the music was great! :) The 1st band had one guy who played on an electronic organ... organ!!! I was like .. ewww... but left with a wow!! He actually succeeded to turn it into a funky instrument! :) Oh .. I was like completely astounded when Louis actually paid $14 for the parking without blinking an eye! I am horrified @ how expensive it is to park in Sydney!! It is ridiculous!! :)
Last but not least ... I have a major EXAM on Monday!!!! It's a VIVA ... a practical exam where we have to demonsrate transfer skills, manual handling, assessing passive & active range of motion & testing muscle strength .. & the subjects are our lecturers!! I'm FREAKING OUT!!!
Keep me in your prayers! Lord ... help!!!! :):):)
4:22 PM
Tagboard
Exits
::[ [ GROOVE WITH THE MUSIC ] ]:: just press the "pause" button to stop the music. Enjoy!
"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."
~ Zephaniah 3:17 ~