This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from sweetieruffie. Make your own badge here.
...
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30 ~
...
::[ [ DREAM OF THE DAY ] ]::
Friday, September 07, 2007
:+::{ I love Occupation Therapy }::+:
I know I've been achieving some progress when these words which before Feb 07 were complete alien to me are now easily rolling off my tongue & assimilated in my practice!
Words like: spasticity, range of motion, muscle tone, trunk alignment, skin integrity, contractures, bilateral grasp, weight bearing, symmetrical base of support, skeletal alignment, posterior/anterior pelvic tilt, tone normalization, trunk & pelvic alignment, sensory integration, sensory modulation, tactile/verstibular/proprioception system, gross motion / fine motor skills, bilateral coordination skills, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, ulnar deviation, weoght shifting, upper extremities, pivot transfers, occupational performance, occupational roles & so much more.
I really love occupational therapy. Being able to work with a wide variety of clients over a huge range of contexts! I can be working with geriatrics (old people) with cardiovascular, respiratory problems in an acute hospital settings, working with clients with mental health issues in a rehabilataion setting, working with school-age kids with learning disabilities or sensory problems or muscular skeletal problems in a community setting, can be measuring & prescribing wheelchairs for a child or adult with cerebral palsy, playing games with a child in school to help with sensory issues or modify the work or home environment with rails, ramps ... just to name a few.
I love this profession!!! :):):)
10:05 AM
Tagboard
Exits
::[ [ GROOVE WITH THE MUSIC ] ]:: just press the "pause" button to stop the music. Enjoy!
"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."
~ Zephaniah 3:17 ~