Saturday, August 11, 2007
Listening to: "Only You" Lovers in Paris OST
Mood: Smouldering
Weather @ Sydney: 14 deg, Warm
.:. [ [ Oh Disappointment, Where is Thy Sting? ] ] .:.

I am an idealist. Although I've grown significantly more skeptical of people through growing up & working experience, I'm still very much, at heart, someone who wishes to see the world as a reflection of "Care-a-lot" - the cloud-land home of the Care Bears. This seems ironic especially when I've seen much of the ugly side of humanity in the refugee camps, drug addicts infested backlanes etc & also coming to realise the people essentially are self-centred people. People are often depicted as "good" & "bad" but I've concluded that people are essentially on the spectruum of their degree of self-centredness. No one is essentially completely good or bad, it's just how selfish they are, & how they choose to allow this to influence their decisions.
Having said this, I'm still an idealist. I would rather choose to see the good in people, but I feel I'm gradually losing grip of this especially when people keep disappointing. Sometimes it's really hard to come to terms with it, especially when they are close to you. Proverbs 13:12 says, "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, But desire fulfilled is a tree of life".
It has been a disappointing week for me.
To me, sincerity is really important. It's one of the values I hold very dear. In everything I do & in the manner I treat the people around me, I endeavour to do everything with all my heart - with passion & in sincerity. It's the main reason I would never be able to climb the cooperate ladder or succeed in playing the political game because I could never bend over in order to pretend to stroke someone else's ego. If I say something, it's because it comes from my heart. Hence, it bothers me tremendously when people say things in "fluff". But it's also one of the reasons why I love being with young people so much - they may be brash & impulsive, but they are so very often, the most "whole-hearted" & passionate people.
Hence, I've come to realise keeping someone who doesn't share a similar view close to myself is like keeping a thorn in my heart that just keeps tearing & bruising my heart. As lovely as the rose may be, if the thorn exist, I just don't see of how much the rose can be of value. the heart can take just so much of lies, excuses & whinging.
I came across a reading on the Internet regarding disappointment & it was edifying to some degree so shall include it in this blog... cheers
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
..every source of fulfillment we can possibly turn to will in the end be the “broken cisterns” that the prophet Jeremiah once warned us against. Every source of fulfillment that we can possibly go after is doomed at some time, on some level to disappoint us.
Except one. God.
God’s infinite wisdom guarantees that He knows what is best for His children. God’s infinite love guarantees that He will choose what is best for His children, and God’s infinite power guarantees that He will bring to pass without fail what is best for His children. And more than any other type of blessing God can bring to us, our most sweet and lasting fulfillment from God comes from God Himself, the gift of His perfect presence.
God is the one and only source of fulfillment that not only will not disappoint, but cannot disappoint by His very nature.
That is how God is fundamentally and supremely different and superior to any other source of fulfillment we can look to. God both is and will always be able “to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think.” (Ephesians 3:20)
If we know this to be the truth, then let us live it. Let us take every longing, every desire for fulfillment in our souls, and turn away from every broken cistern, turn away from every source that can only end up disappointing in the end, and turn toward our Loving Father in faith and trust that He will never disappoint.
8:25 AM