Friday, August 03, 2007
Listening to: "Love Yogurt" by JJ Lin
Mood: Tummy ache from eating too much tang yuan Weather@Sydney: 14 deg, wet.:. [ [ Yet Another Week Has Flown By ] ] .:.

+.:.+.:.+.:.+.:.+.:.+.:.+.:.+.:.+
To laugh often and much,
To win the respect of intelligent people
and the affection of children,
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and
Endure the betrayal of false friends,
To appreciate beauty,
To find the best in others,
To leave the world a bit better,
whether by a healthy child,
A garden patch ...
To know even one life has breathed easier
Because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded!!
+.:.+.:.+.:.+.:.+.:.+.:.+.:.+.:.+
I came across the above whilst at the airport waiting to board the plane to Singapore & really liked it. I think it illustrates my perspective of success very aptly. To me, it's important to keep growing as person & to be able to make a difference in other people's lives in a positive way. Life is really short, we will never get to live "yesterday" again so I've come to treasure each & every day that I have.
This week has been a pretty regular week. I enjoyed my placement this week because I got to start planning the intervention for the client assigned to me. The only thing of pity was when we went to his house to meet him, due to a communication breakdown between me & the mom who spoke bare minimal English with a very heavy Italian accent, he was actually @ work! The ironic thing was that we spent more time traveling to & from his house than at his place becoz he stays in a rural part of Sydney. My supervisor was real nice & told us it's just part & parcel of our job.
I was contemplating if I should get a laser printer which costs only about $90 (Fujitsu-Xerox) which would be more convinent than printing in school which costs me 10 cts per page. In the end, I was still deliberating because it's really difficult to haul the thing home by rail. I shall see..
I was really really really upset on Monday during class because I got put into a group for the module with 2 of the people I absolutely detest the most in my class. One is real arrogant & the other is so hypocritical. They treat the other girl (who is also Asian) & me like we were idiots & morons. They dismiss everything we say like rubbish & seem to only like the sound of their own voice. I need a lot of faith to imagine that someday these people with such obnoxious behavior will be a good OT. I really need God in my emotions .. otherwise I will not benefit from the module, cept from earning a couple more wrinkles & entering heaps more angry blogs! I try really hard not to take it personally that their behavior is so appalling - apparently the arrogant is really disliked by a lot of my classmates as well .. but I'm only human ... a nice little person who used to try to keep smiling at everybody but these two women ... I dun even bother. Social suicide I know .. .. i need a better strategy!
My landlady bought a new set of furniture over last weekend that cost a bomb! Well, it certainly made the place feel more like home I guess but the furniture is so new I hardly bear to even sit on them.. haha. :) I dun know why but she has been extremely critical of people's appearance this semester.. well.. she says nicole kidman, paris hilton, cameron diaz are "ugly like hell" .. amongst others. It really gets on my nerves everytime she keeps commenting on how ugly people are .. & I just have to restrain myself to say something back. Usually i either keep quiet or just say things like," really? i think he/she looks fine." which makes her unhappy. I hope she isn't hitting menopause soon! although i cant control or change her, but I really feel we shouldn't be overly critical of other people's appearance well simply for the fact, dun do unto others what u dun want others to do to u. I mean doesn't it feel better on our own souls to be generous and genuinely compliment someone else? I believe there is always something beautiful in every one .. unless that person has a horrid horrid character.. :(
This week's weather turned surprisingly warm - around 22 deg on wed .. the highest for august since 1970 apparently. However, it's predicted the weather will turn cooler again the next week. Well now, I shall have to go back to studying now. Ta! :)
2:35 PM