Friday, August 17, 2007
Listening to: "Crazy Times" by Michael Buble
Mood: Lazy
Weather: 22 deg, warm
.: [ [ Storm in a Tea Cup ] ] :.
Crazy Times. It certainly has been crazy times for me over the past 2 weeks. .:. Storm 1: In school - The Tale of the 2 Horrid Groupmates .:.Day OneBackground: Lecturer A got us to practice in our groups dressing & undressing stroke patients. Actors: Girl 1 - The Arrogant AussieGirl 2 - The Hypocritical Aussie Girl 3 - The frustrated Singaporean (who is me of coz) Girl 4 - The blur Taiwanese Play Script: Lecturer: Ok, everyone you have 30 min to practise in your groups the techniques on dressing & undressing your clients. Girl 1 to Girl 2: (in a very loud voice) You know what? I do this ALL the time where I work. I am an expert in it already. I AM THE BEST. So if you want, you can go teach the other 2 how to do it.Girl 2 to Girl 1: Kewl. Hey, you know how to dress a spinal cord injured person? (imitates posture in a mocking way)Girls 1 & 2 laugh hysterically like hyenas while Girl 3 glares at them appalled & Girl 4 stares blankly. Lecturer: How's it going? (More hyena laughter from the 2 mad women & they continue to fool around).Girl 3 walks away in disgust & joins another group where she enjoyed learning with other girls.Day TwoBackgroundLecturer B is sharing about community / home service.Girl 1 (The Arrogant one) proceeds to share a heartwrenching tale with tears in her eyes..."You know I get so upset when i see the family ill treat the client ... blah blak blah blah" ...One minute she is mocking at patients with such audacity & arrogance, another minute she can weep in compassion for her clients ... talk about crocodile tears!! I realise, that some people enter into the health care profession because it feels good to them to be seen as being "compassionate" for the disabled ... but they treat everyone else around them with no respect or understanding. .:. Storm 2: At Home - my Bazaar Landlady .:. Background: Since we shifted to the new place, my once angelic landlady has become somewhat more nosey, rude, critical & show-off than ever before..:: Scenario One:: I was having dinner, sipping my soup when my landlady suddenly said.. Play Script: Landlady: Ai yo, Nicole Kidman so ugly one! I think that Cameron Diaz also ugly like hell. She got so many wrinkles. Me: Huh? I think they look very nice what. Any woman will have wrinkles when she age one what. (Disclaimer: My landlady is 40 this year & has heaps of wrinkles on her face.)::Scenario Two::I was washing my plates when my landlady suddenly said.. Play Script: Landlady: You know ah, your classmate XXX has such an ugly figure that if I'm her boyfriend I will surely dump her one! Me: *Stumped* But then if the guy like the girl for her figure only then he must be very shallow.Landlady: Yeah, but her figure so disproportionate & she has no dress sense at all one.(Disclaimer: My landlady only saw my friend once a couple of months ago when I had a dinner at my place.)Me: (Controlling myself from saying, "Your figure not nice at all & you yourself have complete no dress sense, why are you always criticising other people???)All these are just bits & pieces amonsgst the acts of banging on my door to abruptly ask me "WHAT ARE YOU DOING", kaypohing comeing into my room to look see look see, shifting my things without asking me, calling my friend "YOU SO FAT NOW! YOUR FACE SO SWOLLEN" when my friend came by for visit. When I was out with her, she was really unhappy my clothes size was smaller than hers .. to her, I'm so tall & she's shorter so I shoul wear bigger size. When I wore an Aussie size 6 pants, she insisted I should wear 10 because she wears a 10. Is she nuts or what? :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Sigh .. okie, I'm tired of discussing tea cup storms ... write more next time.
1:57 PM