Sunday, April 29, 2007
Listening to: "Welcome Home" by Nelson RangellWeather: 22 deg, fairMood: Relaxed+.:.+.:.+ Hello ... can I get to know you? (",) +.:.+.:.+
_-_Courting_Couple_in_a_Rowboat.jpg)
I've once again experienced what I'm sure heaps of girls have experienced in their lives @ one point of time or another ... being "stalked"! (",) Although I've encountered countless numbers of male strangers trying to get to know me .. but i guess every encounter is amusing in itself as an after thought. No no .. I'm not mocking @ the brave souls who actually pluck up their courage to approach me & say hello .. but the process of me reacting to their advances I guess.. lol. I can't remember even half of them now but I do remember being very surprised when the other party was apparently a teenager i think ... around maybe 18 or 19? Being attracted is one thing .. but date me? I must have been @ least 5- 6 yrs older .. provided he wasn't even younger than how old i tot he was!!!
Since coming to Down Under, I do get the occasional stares & friendly hello & the "You are beautiful!" but today's XP was quite unnerving... I was happily shopping this morning wearing all "lok kor" & sans make up & everything when I noticed from the corner of my eye this tall male kept hovering near where I was. I tried to dismiss it but to my dismay he actually came forward to smile ... then say hello ... then after some more following around ... what's your name ... some more following around even though i was prancing very quickly then ... whats your number? Golly ... it was so unnerving. Hmm ... when it happens in Singapore it feels okie coz I guess being familiar with the place makes me feel quite safe but here i was ... all alone in a foreign land with some foreign guy trying to get to know me ... help! After countless efforts to avoid him & saying no ... he was relentless! I almost ran to security ... but fortunately the good man had the sense to realise it was fruitless & gave up. Phew! Afterwards when I went into another store .. I attacted another one!! Fortunately this time, it was a friendly flirty hello thats all..
Well ... it certainly made my otherwise mundane day more interesting with something to relish & laugh about when I'm really old & wrinkled someday ... lol .. .cheers! :)
12:25 PM