This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from sweetieruffie. Make your own badge here.
...
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30 ~
...
::[ [ DREAM OF THE DAY ] ]::
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Listening to: "Not a single day" by Rain Weather@Sydney: 22 deg, wet Mood: Relaxed
[ : [[ CAT FIGHT ]] : ]
I've completed my first week of fieldwork in Nepean Hospital situated @ Penrith. Umm... Penrith is at the bottom of the Blue Mountains so I guess one of the great things of being in that hospital as a patient or healthcare worker is getting to see the scenic outlines of the beautiful mountains as you gaze out of the windows.
I enjoyed my first week of attachment .. for some bazaar reason, the OTs were extremely busy as they recieved twice their usual daily caseloads - from the usual 8 - 10 to around 18. It was just crazy ... even on the very first day, I was just dashing here & there with my supervisor seeing clients, observing and helping with showering assessments, observing initial interviews, sitting in during family conferences. On the second day I even got to tag along to go see a home visit!! I got to walk an old lady who was using a walking stick, and wheel an old man in a wheel chair ... I really enjoyed spending time learning and talking to the patients!!!!! :):):)
Interesting stuff that happened ... there were two incidences ... during the first family conference i sat in .. the client was this old man who just simply wanted to go home!! Despite the advise of the Physio, OTs, social workers, nurse, docs, he just wanted to go home... his daughter, wife & son was there. His son was one strange character. He kept butting in to give rude & seemingly sacarstic remarks at inappropriate times. He kept doing it till everyone was clearly annoyed. Later when i asked my supervisor about it ... then i realised he was displaying the classic symptoms of someone who had suffered traumatic head injury!!!! I mean, I've learnt about it during uni days in psych classes but I've never actually met one!! :) Wow ...
The next was the home visit!! :) The old man we brought home to assess his home to see if he needed any home modifications e.g. grab rails coz he fell & fractured his hip. He's such a sporting & lovely old man!!! :) But then when we arrived back at the hospital, he fainted while trying to get out of the car!!!! :(:( Luckily the male nurses responded really quickly, otherwise my supervisor & I will not be able to hold on to him for long!!! It was so scary!! Luckily he was okie after that .. he had low blood pressure .. he had such a great sense of humour .. he actually turned & said to me:" Now isn't that a great learning experience for you, my dear?" :) Lol ..
My supervisors are nice! :):) One shares the same name as me - she's wonderful!! :) Warm, humourous & encouraging ... I hope to learn from her! :) The other shares the same name as my niece ... well . i think it's becoz she's resigning coz she seems a littled jaded.
Hmmm... i decided to put up the pic of a catfight becoz I dun like my MOT class! :( The people there are so competitive and self-centred. Maybe its becoz of how hectic & stressful the course is but people are generally not interested in each other except to know how useful you are to them academically. I hate it. I mean this profession is about caring for people ... if you can't even care about the people you study with how can you possibly care about your patients with you heart?? I dun know what they are trying so hard to prove ... even if they do become the most outstanding OT student, eventually it doesn't mean they will excel as an OT coz the patients wellbeing depends on the combined input by all the medical & rehab team members .. not just the OT! I mean my course mates can be very mean especially when it comes to giving feedback about other teams & other people. What kind of OT puts other people down? Doah?
Well, I'm happy I'm doing well in my assignments & performing well in my presentations & fieldwork ..I'm just going to keep doing my thing & avoid treading on the toes of the cats out there ... cheers! :)
2:19 PM
Tagboard
Exits
::[ [ GROOVE WITH THE MUSIC ] ]:: just press the "pause" button to stop the music. Enjoy!
"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."
~ Zephaniah 3:17 ~