Welcome To sweetieruffie.blogspot.com
Profile
Blog
Tagboard
Links
Listening to: Musik.Lounge.Jazz
Reading: Health Psychology
Mood: Sleepy
Yipee! It's the post Teachers' Day weekend which will be followed by a week long September school holidayz! :) It has been a truely awesome weekend! It's pure ectasy actually .. *lol*
For starters, the day before Teachers' Day was truely special. We had, naturally, teachers' day celebrations in school that morning ... its funny how quite a no of students seem to be attempting to try singing jazz ... hmm... emm.. hmm... well, I will juz say it's not the best choice, but good try nevertheless .. oh wellz, anywaz took some pics with my colleagues that day ...


After all the celebrations, I spent a solid 3 hours with a new found jazz enthusiast - Ivan just playing jazz together & learning from each other .. well, mainly me receiving loads of encouragement & affirmation from him of my talent, and me learning from him - after all he is currently teaching jazz professionally! I would have never have imagined being able to meet someone who is both a fellow Jesus Freak & a Jazz freak as well! I really had a fabulous time & look forward to meeting up a lot more often! :) He's real nice! Thanks Ivan!
That night, my GB gals held our company's 2nd ever farewell party! After all hard & heart work put in by me & the girls, it was really disappointing when a bunch of the senior Sec 4s just decided not to turn up. All of us - me, the officers & the juniors really felt the disappointment esp when we were reviewing the video which displayed loads of their photoz. It makes me really wonder if all those years of trying to reach out to them was worth all the effort, tears & heartache after all. Well, nevertheless, I was really happy to see the few seniors & ex-senior who came & I think the juniors managed to pull everything off really quite nicely... *lol*. The chicken wings were really yummy!

I am acutely aware that this will probably be the last Teachers' Day I am celebrating & last farewell party I will help to organize with the girls. I will miss my GB girls & students very deeply - thru all the sorrow, laughter, disappointments & jokes, I really love & adore them humongously & I think they're really special - I wonder if they are aware how much they can make or break my day! :) I will always be very proud that I was once a Teacher! It's a special gift & calling I will never regret having ever taking up!

I also made some really MAJOR purchases this weekend... I finally purchased my first laptop -- my new baby: a 13" MacBook!! This is her ... isn't she absolutely gorgeous?? Here she sits on the pink laptop cover I got for her ... lovely combination eh? I really look forward to using this baby when I go overseas .. but well, not forgetting to thank the person who recommended it to me & giving me so many lobangs! .. thanks Pav! :)

On top of my Apple baby, I also bought a new digital camera - a Panasonic DSC FX-01. It's smaller, prettier & supposedly works better than my previous digital camera - a Minolta Xt. Been trigger happy since its purchase & of coz, not forgetting the new red Crumpler pouch I got for her protection as well! :)


Dear & I celebrated our anniversary again today ... we had the famous cream butter crab sold at Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 last night ...it was quite nice but I think I still prefer chilli crab .. the queue was ridiculous! Fortunately we went early! Quite much ado for a crab! :) We caught the movie "The Devil wears Prada" at Cathay Grand Theatre.. I must say I was overwhelmed at how beautiful the theatre was & of coz the show was great! I wanna go Cathay watch moviews more often! :) You are the best dear!
Here's a pic I took with my new baby ... plans for the one week holz? Shopping & loads of marking!! I took extra effort to get the kids to write an additional writing piece so that I can try to rush it out for them before their prelims .. oh wellz! I hope it helpz! :) Press on Ruffie!
