Welcome To sweetieruffie.blogspot.com
Profile
Blog
Tagboard
Links

Had a bit of time today so decided to jot down some thoughts that had been on my mind ...
Tot One>> Once when we were trekking in Blue Mountains, Sydney; my partner suggested trying a route off the trek we were on which was supposed to lead us to the car park where our car was. I was rather hesitant initially but agreed to give it a try. Unlike the earlier treks, this one literally was off the beaten trek ... we ended up trekking for four hours plus, and it ended at the bottom of the hill when our car was at the top .. so we had to trek up the road to reach the car. I can still remember the name of the trek route - it was called "Darwin's Trek". Despite the long & tedious journey, it wasnt without its rewards - we saw many glorious & fascinating sights of beautiful waterfalls, gentle streams, fields of flowers & quiet spots. Really lovely!
When we finally caught our breath, I couldn't help but reflect how my experience was almost similar to what the Israelites experienced during their 40 yrs in the wilderness. It made me wonder how often wrong decisions we make can take us a much longer time to reach our destination - and sometimes, we might not even actually reach the destination at all. Though through it all, we will still grow & learn & experience things we would have otherwise have missed at the expense of our time. It made me think through experiences & decisions in my life which might have led me to walk on my own "Darwin's Trek" ... or I couldn't help wondering .. am I on one now?
Tot 2>> I can still remember vividly the sequence of events which unfolded the day I got into a car accident earlier this month. I can still remember the impact when the taxi rammed into my car, feeling lost as I stood at the place of the accident, calling up of my good friends for advice, having my parents rush down to help settle all the messy details & finally having the tow company arriving to tow the poor baby away for repairs.
I was & am still deeply grateful to loving & faithful friends - Pock Hoe & Mikey Mike - & my parents who stood by me & was there for me throughout this ordeal. But as I watched the car being wisked away, I wondered how often we let experiences & people ram our hearts and yet often, we are not able to assess the seriousness of our pain & injury because it cant be seen. In the physical realm, a car can be repaired & restored, but do we carelessly treat our hearts & its wounds? Do we ram into other people's hearts as well in the things we say or do knowingly or unintentionally, causing dents & damages that might have a scar forever? I remember fondly the skit I use to act in while in YWAM entitled "The Heart SKit" where a girl gives away her heart to interests, relationships, people only to have it broken. Only when she gives it to Jesus does she find restoration & wholeness. 