Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Listening to: "In a Sentimental Mood" by George Shearing
Reading: GRE Exam Kaplan 2006 EditionMood: Blissful
::+Happy Happy Birthday Singapore!!!+:::
Not only has today been a great day because it's Singapore's 40th birthday, it's been wonderful because I got to do two of my favorite activities - Eat Turkish food & Listen to Live Jazz - & share it with great company! Met Rowan this evening for dinner, which we had @ SOFRA - a nice cozy Turkish restaurant over at Beach Road. I enjoy their good food & service ... we even got to watch the fireworks from the restaurant!! :) After a sumptious dinner, we proceed to the Jazz Lounge at Intercontinental hotel where there was great live Jazz music - good band, wonderful violinist & lovely singer... i totally relish the experience! The fact that I was sharing my time with someone I find real intelligent, nice, capable & chivalrous only made it even better. :)
Prior meeting Rowan, I also got to have lunch & go shopping with my dear friend Cheryl..we had Korean food at a restaurant in Heeren ... yumz! :) Whilst shopping, I bumped into two friends, Tim & Bala from Scripture Union - both of whom I've not met for almost 8 yrs? I almost mistook them for my students! :)
I'm also happy because my duet with Gauis for "Reach for the Skies" during yesterday's school National Day concert went very successfully. :) I think we did a pretty good job! :) I recieved praise from students, colleagues & even my principal for my good singing ... hee.. :) Also...my revision for my GRE exam is going on pretty well... :)
12:05 AM