Saturday, July 30, 2005
Listening to: "In Deep" by Kim Waters
Reading: "GRE Exam" by Kaplan
Mood: Exuberant
::+ Nobody separates Ruffie from her Subway Sandwiches!!+::
Golly...it's been a month since my last entry..so much so much has been happening & it's been really exciting! Time just slips by so quickly! Let's see... what have I been doing...
::+Visit by New Zealand Students from Henderson Intermediate (13-14 July 2005)+::
Was the event coordinator for a visit by a group of staff & students from a school in New Zealand who happened to share the same name as us "Henderson Intermediate (Secondary) so it naturally became our sister school. It was a 2 day event ... with lots of activities, food, planning & coordination. I missed 2 whole day of classes just to corrdinate the thing ... but thankfully everything went really smoothly & successfully. :) The kids from NZ & our own Hendersonian Ambassadors were amazing...I especially enjoyed sending off our visitors at the airport with our students on their last day here. It was such a heartwarming time! One of my own Hendersonian kid actually popped a coffee bean on display @ Starbucks Changi Airport into his mouth for fun .. & goodness gracious...ended up in hospital .. silly boy!! :):)
::+Nanyang Gal Pals Adventures+::
Been meeting up with a bunch of good old friends from Nanyang a lot recently...my favorite gal pals actually...over the past month ... we've bladed & lounged @ Sentosa on a nice Sunday morning...visited the Night Safari ... had an overnight stay @ my place coupled with a chocolate fondue indulgance supper ... me having the car on weekends meant we got to go anywhere & everywhere ... awesome! Looking forward to more!!!! While cruising one night @ ERP with the girls, I was almost caught speeding by the speed camera .. almost ... :) *phew!* I realise all Nanyang girls. as different in personalities as we are, all have one thing in common ... we tend to be COMPETITIVE. Maybe that's how we all became cream of the crop .. always wanting to be better & the best in everything we do ... sometimes...it gets a little carried into our friendships ... but .. it's makes our lasting friendships even more precious I guess. :)
::+Inline Skating Fun+::
Finally bought my very own pair of roller blades! Loved them! They are of Apex 7 ballbearings & all black in color...very kewl! So guyish looking but i loved it! Blading has been so much so much fun! I look forward to being really good @ blading ... :) On hindsight... botanical gardens, as gorgeous as it is...is a real bad place to choose to blade when one is a beginner...it's trecherous! ;p
::+GB Farewell Party 2005+::
Henderson GB finally has her very 1st batch of graduating Sec 4 students...yay! It was a teary & sentimental event ... I'm so very very proud of my Sec 1 & 3 GB girls for the heart & hard work they put into making it such a success. Personally, this is a very special event for me ... coz the Sec 4s will always have a very special place in my heart. From the time I first took over GB, with all the difficults trials we went through to the way we are today, I will always cherish the bonds we share deeply. Sometimes, I wonder what I would do without the Sec 4s who are such an inspiration & support to the company .. Shi Qi, Xiao Yao, Li Mo & Han Fang ... 4 very precious gems...=) I chose the song "Friends" by Michael W Smith to sing to the girls with the other officers. It was a song my seniors had sung during our GB time in secondary school at our farewell party then & it stayed with me since then. The words run deep...As i see how the younger ones are rising up, I feel assured & immensely thankful.... from the little company consisting of 9 people 2 yrs back to today's 38... blessed!
::+Hip Hop Class & Performancing ArtZ+::
Unforgettable would be teaching my colleagues Hip Hop Dancing. Was quite amused actually but I applaud their efforts, especially when majority are in their 30s & 40s ... well...even though they couldn't quite catch the movements .. @ least I think they had quite a good workout .. they requested me to teach every week .. *faint*..No way! :) Lets see... played the piano accompaniment to my students singing "Almost Here" during a mini concert for the NZ kids & going to be singing duet for the song "Reach for the Skies" during the upcoming school National Day Concert with Gauis..fun! :)
::+Good Food, Good Company, Good Movies, Good Car, Good Places+::
Had the privilege of enjoying good food & movies, go good places with good people & driven a good car! :) Caught "War of the Worlds" & "The Island" with Mikey Mike ... I really liked the latter...awesome & highly recommended!! :) A real solid good movie it is...i really wouldn't mind watching it again! :) We also got to hang out @ East Coast late on Saturday night & just sip coffee & chat ... it's always such a comfort & enjoyment hanging out with good buddies! :) We played pool one weekend & I must say he is good! :)
Met up with a new friend Devon.. was totally impressed when he actually walked back to my house area in his long sleeve shirt & pants all the way from Orchard! So much for first impression! Though i also realise i probably shouldn't try that again when I'm wearing my high heels .. *lol* He's an intriguing character i must say ... but I'm not always sure what he's saying due to his accent...so sometimes I juz have to guess what he's asking.. *oopz*... @ least I hope I've been making intelligent guesses .. :) Spending time with him made me wonder about how life would be like for me when I study in the States .. sometimes trying to make good guesses @, as well as accepting a person's cultural orientation and values, that lies beneath what they say is a challenge. .. coz after all, I cannot assume what I interpret of what they say holds the same meaning & value as they do ... that ... is difficult! But ... difficulties are always challenges ... but in the end ... I suppose sincerity & earnestness is universal. Was with him that I discovered hanging out at Sentosa on a Wednesday afternoon is good therapy!
Also...really happy a good buddy Wain is back teaching @ Henderson ... one more kaki to hang out & eat subways with! :):)
Good food discoveries this past month includes:
1) Portbello Mushrom starter @ Mezza9
2) Waffle Ice-cream @ Gelaria
3) Rice cooked in spanish way in Via Ma
4) Cold Cut Trio Sandwich @ Subway
5) Chocolate Fondue @ Coffee Club
Shall end this blog with tribute to my late car SDF8886D Nissan Sunny which was the first car I drove since I got my license & has been so loyal & faithful .... you'll be missed my baby!
3:40 PM