Friday, June 24, 2005
Listening to: "Stay for a while" by Angie Storm
Reading: "Web of Deceit" by Glenn Meade
Mood: Contented & Happy
+:: Innowits @ Henderson 2005 Coordinators- Puff & Ruff ::+
Ever experienced the inate sense of joy & pride when you've managed to succeed in doing something really well & above expectation? Well, i have, once again. :)
A colleague & I were chosen to be trained in the area of Innovation Protocal some months backs. As part of our training, we have to do two projects related to the school, before which, both of us have to conduct a one-day workshop training for all the staff in our school. It was rather nerve-wrecking, yet fun @ the same time. Fun because I've enjoy doing things out-of-the-box involving creativity & activity, & also because I've got a great co-worker; nerve-wrecking because I've so many projects running @ the same time & training for all 64 of my colleagues. ... how not to feel a little intimidated? :) But it went really well! :)
For our workshop, my partner & I decided to make it fun, relaxing, enriching & active. So as opposed to conventional staff training, ours had lots of group work, games, adventure, group presentations. Even the set up of the room was filled with balloons, colorful posters & chairs arranged in unconventional style to make it a relaxing atmosphere. We even got the staff to "shadow" students to their fav hangout in Orchard! At the end of the course, the feedback from the staff was awesome! they throroughly thoroughly enjoyed themselves! Even the head of heads of the school said it was "excellent"! Haha ... ^5 to my partner as well! :) My colleagues also commented we both worked well together & looked like we were having fun conducting it ... which we were! :) So ... all the hardwork & preperations were really well worth it! *pat on my own back*
6:50 PM